6: Electronic Music and Film
Electronic music in/on film, sound design and monsters from the Id
- Hitchcock/Sala – The Birds (45:30)
- Wilcox/Barron – Forbidden Planet
- Wise/Hermann – The Day the Earth Stood Still
- Caro/Jeunet/d’Alessio – Delicatessen
Week 6 Electronic Music II
- Read: Cox & Warner Chapter 55: ‘Stockhausen vs. the Technocrats’
- Write: Written Assignment 6: Compare the music of Aphex Twin and Karlheinz Stockhausen. Which will be more influential?
- Figures, tables, illustrations, etc. in academic work
- Using quotations
- Bring in examples of what you consider to be ‘new’ approaches to the use of technology in (any sort of) music. Be prepared to present these (briefly) to the rest of the group.
Ambient sound: Venetian Snares Dance Like You’re Singing Nails